As we make another loop around the sun, we tend to look back and think about the events of the past months and also the things we’re grateful for in both our personal and professional lives.
Being Grateful For Travel And Personally Connecting
- While meeting virtually is sure convenient, nothing replaces interfacing in person. This past year, we had the opportunity to interface with clients and friends at shoots, trade shows, conferences, and just plain socializing. It’s always great to get together in person!
- Similarly, the adventure of traveling and experiencing new places is fabulous. This year, we had the opportunity to work in Ireland, Cabo San Lucas, Las Vegas, Louisville, and many other locations. We’re so grateful to be able to work and apply our craft anywhere.
But Working Remotely Is Pretty Cool, Too
- Not to sound contradictory, but being able to often work from home is pretty nice. It saves time, gives you flexibility in your day, but you can still tap into talent and resources worldwide. Studies also reveal that workers are actually more productive when the morning and evening commutes are taken out of the equation.
- Either way, whether we’re traveling for work or working from home, we’re grateful to do something we truly love, not to mention just having a job.
We’re Grateful For Personal Growth
- Like, embracing change and being adaptable.
- Receiving positive feedback.
- Coming away from a brainstorming session with a better idea than when you went into it.
- Supportive and understanding spouses and significant others and strengthening those relationships.
We’re Grateful For Clients That Make A Difference
- We have several clients in the fire and life safety industry that are going to the cloud allowing customers to connect remotely to systems that reduce service calls and unnecessary truck rolls. Overall, this improves the reliability of the systems because it can be managed efficiently and proactively. We’re grateful for their efforts to help keep millions safe around the world.
- We’re also grateful for clients like Siemens that’s doing outstanding work in the Industrial IoT sector with innovations that help manufacturing facilities reduce carbon emissions and improve energy efficiency. That’s no small feat.
- Artificial Intelligence is making a very positive difference in numerous industries, too. In the security industry, for instance, our client, Ezlo, and its MiOS platform that uses AI can integrate with any smart home system. Meaning, more people than ever can enjoy a security system for their home or business with just one app.
Other Things We’re Grateful For:
- Spell check and fast Wi-Fi.
- People who do random acts of kindness.
- We’re grateful for people who move out of their comfort zones and try something new.
- The James Webb Telescope. It’s provided new awe-inspiring views and insights showing how incredibly vast our universe is.
So, when you think about it, there are lots of things to be grateful for. Including the moon and the stars. Maybe especially the moon. Let’s not forget to always shoot for the moon, and shoot with the Moon!